Utility: Rodents in power switch caused Vegas resort outage



LAS VEGAS — Authorities say a power outage that promoted evacuation of hundreds of casino patrons and prevented guests from checking in at a Las Vegas Strip resort was caused by rodents at an off-site utility switching center. Clark County fire officials said power went out at the Paris Las Vegas just after 7 p.m. Thursday and was restored a little before 10 p.m. Utility provider NV Energy says the problem was traced to a high-voltage transfer switch near the property. People were rescued from several elevators, but no injuries were reported.

On-Air & Up next

  • TV Time Machine
    5:00AM - 6:00AM
     
    TV Time Machine is not your typical radio show. At times turning the traditional interview format on its head, whether its playing "Jeopardy" with Mel Brooks or interviewing Get   >>
     
  • Purity Products
    6:00AM - 6:30AM
     
  • Legally Speaking
    6:30AM - 7:00AM
     
  • The Real Estate Experts
     
  • Townhall Review
    8:00AM - 8:30AM
     

See the Full Program Guide